Oso's Oyster Bar
The view of the Marina, boats and local fishermen coming to and from the sea creates a wide appael for this seafront restaurant located at the Fish Market of Marina Riviera Nayarit in the heart of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle. They are so close to the fish market, that their fish slept in the ocean today! Oso’s Oyster Bar offers a creative menu of fresh, original recipes that mixes elements of traditional and modern gourmet cuisine. The base of the menu is oysters & seafood, but it also offers some delicious beef and chicken dishes, as well as vegetarian options.
Angel Rivas, part-time dishwasher and part-time owner of Oso’s (as described on his own business card), makes a point of selecting their seafood daily from the fishermen returning from the Bay and he prides himself on the great recipes served in one of the most beautiful locations in Nayarit.
Here is just a sampling:
- Chiles Gueros Rellenos de Mariscos or the regional Pescado Zarandiado
- Fresh Ceviches!!! - Fish, Smoked Marlin, Shrimp or Octopus
- Seafood Cocktail - Octopus, Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters
- Oyster Bar - Steam Clams, Spicy Mussels, Raw Oysters, Shaved Oysters, Rockefeller Oysters, La Cruz Oysters (Au Gratin with chipotle and spinach, Spicy Oysters, Shagy's Oysters (Charcoal broiled Oysters), 444 Oysters (rockefeller, Spicy, Shagy's).
- Peppers and deep fried seafood - Seafood or Marlin stuffed Jalapeno peppers, or Lobster and cheese stuffed pepper with black bean sauce or Deep fried crispy Octopus, fish or shrimp.
- Whole Red Snapper Oso's or Tachun - Grilled Tuna with pepper crusting and raspberry and chipotle sauce.
- Poseidon Spaguetti - Shrimp, Scallop, Octopus, Clam, Mussels and Lobster.
- Fajitas, BBQ Ribs, Grilled Rib Eye, Grilled Chicken, Club Sandwich, Mahi Mahi Fish Fillet Sandwich, Shrimp Burger, Teriyaki Tuna Steak Sandwich or Tuna Steak with green mustard burger.
Or may we suggest:
- Tuna Tartare with Mango - Fresh tuna and mango delicately sprinkled with sesame seed and served with ripe avocado, crackers, chips and sauces. To pair this delicacy, try a glass of Chardonnay wine chilled or a refreshing Lemonade.
- Fresh Fish Filet - Caught early in the waters of the bay and brought directly to you, prepared at your favorite style: al ajillo, with white wine, a la diabla, buttered or breaded. Your filet will be served with very special white rice prepared with nuts, coconut, fried plantain and vegetables. Pair with a glass of Chardonnay wine chilled or a flavored water of the day.
- Rockefeller Oysters - Half-shell topped with a rich butter sauce, parsley, spinach, bread crumbs and cheese. Broiled to achieve a delicate blend of flavors for your palate. Pair with a glass of Chardonnay wine chilled or a refreshing Lemonade!
- Angus Hamburger - They love their seafood but adaptability is key - Try this 220 grams (half a pound) of the best quality beef grilled, served with fries and rich coleslaw. Complete your burger with a chilled domestic beer or the soda of your choice.
- A-la-Carte Breakfast - Pick your favorite dish from the rich and assorted Osos Oyster Bar’s menu. Benedictine eggs, an omelet and the not-to-be-missed Chilaquiles are some of the great breakfast choices here. Add to your meal a fresh glass of juice, an aromatic coffee and a seasonal fruit platter.
LIVE ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOU!
WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS - Live music starting at 7 pm
SUNDAY - The Market is back on every Sunday from 10am to 2pm. Afterwards, stop in Oso's Oyster Bar for a cold beer, a salty margarita or try their Bloody Cesar barwhile you enjoy the live entertainment with Trenzas Negras starting at 2 pm for latin music and lots of fun!