It’s about having a vision.
Most of us love to explore, those that have traveled to Bucerias have discovered the clear blue skies, endless beaches and terrific hospitality and all that the surrounding area has to offer. There are also those that have made the leap to come stay here permanently who share a wealth of knowledge of the area.
Our goal is to share these experiences with you so you will have reasons to come back. It will also provide honest feedback to those who work so hard to make your stay a successful one. The site allows us to forward any reviews from this site directly to Management, this helps our local establishments use this honest feedback to improve or build upon their hard earned reputations.
We thank you for your contributions and encourage you to forward our website to friends that would like to learn more of the area.
How it got started
There are some areas more popular than others. Many of us have landed in Puerto Vallarta (PV) on vacation, not really getting the chance to see the charm of the surrounding towns. Once we came to Bucerias we could not leave. Bucerias is special, a quaint little village just 20 minutes away from PV, but with plenty to do. Please check out our surrounding areas page to see the beauty that surrounds Bucerias and take your time discovering our pages about the bay and Riviera Nayarit.
Living here in Bucerias with our wives and our children has been an amazing experience and our children have become fluent in Spanish, wished we could say the same about ourselves, that's where a lot of sign language comes in handy! As a family, we feel very safe here and often get frustrated at the negative news that surrounds Mexico. The swimming, beaches, tacos (oh the tacos!), the local restaurants and even school great.
- We liked the area so much we wanted to help promote it.
How you can help
We recently added a PayPal Donate button. We are strictly looking for alternate ways to cover costs to help us continue to improve our website and make it more informative for you. The donation program will also take off some of the pressure on the local businesses who would like to advertise on our site but are struggling with the current tourist economy. They work so hard to make our vacations special and memorable that we would like to return the favor.
If you would like to sponsor one of the business listed or have us add someone not yet on our website, please let us know.
If your heart impels you, we gratefully accept.
When you come down, look us up! or contact us here!
See you at the beach!
Troy & Randal (crazy one on the right)
What others are saying!
“Planning each day of your trip to Riviera Nayarit will absolutely improve your vacation experience. Best of Nuevo Vallarta and Best of Bucerias are the perfect tools on the internet to get fresh planning ideas to the destination.
We thank the editors for their contribution on making our visitors planning process so simply and fun”- Marc Murphy – Managing Director, Riviera Nayarit Tourism CBV.
Other Testimonials - Best of Bucerias
- April 13, 2016, "This website has been a very good source of information since moving here". Laura Baker from Nuevo Vallarta.
- October 13, 2015, "My brother suggested I may like this website. He was totally right.This truly made my day. You can't believe how so much time I spent on this information! Thanks!" Melissa
- March 31, 2015, "Thank you Troy. You're a great ambassador for Bucerias & area. I just love Best of Bucerias. Great job! Cheers" Clare Pearcy. Canada.
- August 16, 2014, "Thanks to the information on this website, my wife Janet and I were able to make detailed plans to visit Bucerias, which we did in February 2014. We had the pleasure of meeting Troy (and his wife), and enjoyed the pleasure of their company. Troy was very helpful in providing information about the area and making suggestions on what to do and see. We especially enjoyed the Adriatico Ristorante Bar Italiano, the food, atmosphere and entertainment were all wonderful. We found the little beach town of Sayulita to be really beautiful and to have everything anyone could want in a Mexican seaside location. Many thanks to Troy for making our visit so memorable." Gene Weigel. El Paso, TX. USA
- July 15, 2014, "We are planning a month long trip to Bucerias in February, 2015 and your website is so helpful. We have been to Puerto Vallarta for at least a week for the last 6 years and have only been to Bucerias to shop and to eat. Looking forward to our trip and we will be armed with tons of information because of your "help". Thank you so much for putting together such a great website". Debby Turner. Omaha, USA
- August 28, 2013, (Facebook) "This is great ... cuz its the website I've been using for most of the information for my upcoming trip". Beth Turner-Gates
- July 17, 2013, "Thanks for all the info, we have used your website for a lot of things. Once we discovered it, we used it to book our rental, then used it to book some tours for our family of 4. We had visited Puerto Vallarta a few times but didnt realize the nice beaches and restaurants Bucerias has, wished we had discovered your website sooner. Keep it up." Miles J. Calgary, Canada
- April 7, 2013, "Wow, use the site often, funny humor here and there, tastefully done. Do you have a newsletter?" Leslie, Minnesota
- March 15, 2013, "My wife and I have been coming to P.V. for years and have decided to come to Bucerias for our 20th anniversary in April. I have to tell you that this web site has made it seem like we have been coming here for years. We are so excited for next month as we are on your website every day for the last 3 weeks. I hope to see you guys there, I will for sure buy you at least one beer." John
- July 9, 2012 - "Your site is FANTASTIC guys, thanks a lot for your wonderful tips and advices about living in Mexico, they're so great and useful! you really make integration easier and fun! Regards" Anthony Rod.
- January 18, 2012, karaokejim (TripAdvisor) wrote: "I have used Best of Bucerias I think shortly after you got going and yes... I do have it as a favorite for one of my web pages I go to often..... I will say..you have grown and I like the added content... we would love to meet you"
- Sep 26, 2009, OT_Bound, Calgary (TripAdvisor) "This is a great new site that significantly exceeded my expectations! It's a very useful resource for those considering visiting Bucerias, and I'm looking forward to watching it continue to improve as some of the current blanks get filled in.
- Sep 26, 2009, CanMike, Cranbrook (TripAdvisor) "Great website! Nice, bright and refreshing to read...
- Sep 24, 2009, Elenamex (TripAdvisor) wrote: "I just discovered a new website for Bucerias; it's www.bestofbucerias.com. It has LOTS of great info for travelers and residents alike"
- "We get several new customers per week just because of the website!" Sweet Things in Bucerias
- "Hola, SENIOR!!, your site is looking good, and I will use it!, I have and idea to start a business there, I think it is going to help" Ismael, Bucerias
- Mersol (TripAdvisor) "It's a great site. very good resource for the area. Good guys that started it as well. Troy and Randal. Good wishes to them on this new site."
- Great website! Nice, bright and refreshing to read... Mike, Cranbrook, BC
- Great site...I love it!! Very informative, Maureen, Manitoba
We want to add more but Mom says its bragging! - But you can!